A South Chicago man was killed by carbon monoxide poisoning at his home Saturday night, according to the Chicago Sun-Times. http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/2815002-418/carbon-monoxide-according-charles-died.html

The victim, 45-year-old Leroy Charles, was found by a member of his family at roughly 8 p.m. on South Merrill Avenue. The city fire department was called in to conduct a carbon monoxide test on the premises, and they got a reading of 600 in the home. A normal reading for carbon monoxide is less than 10.

An autopsy was performed on Charles, and it found that he died of carbon monoxide poisoning from inhaling exhaust from a furnace, according to the Sun-Times. The death was declared an accident.

The local utility, People’s Gas, had turned off the gas going to Charles’s home, but someone had turned it back on, the Sun-Times reported. 

  

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.