After emergency crews were called to the scene Thursday 18 people were hospitalized after being exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide at the Arrow Carton Co. in Richfield, Wis.

http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-110410-co-incident-richfield,0,3948402.photogallery

Workers were complaining of headaches and were taken to a local hospital as a precautionary measure.

According to press reports, the carbon monoxide level at the Arrow facility was 260 and in the front office it was 190. Those are high levels, considering that a dangerous amount of carbon monoxide exposure is considered 35 parts per million over eight hours.

Investigators suspected that the building’s heating system was the source of the potentially lethal gas.

http://www.wisn.com/r/25637207/detail.html

 

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.