Four people were hospitalized Monday following a carbon monoxide leak in a Green Bay,  Wis., apartment building, according to the Green Bay Press Gazette.  

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20101115/GPG0101/101115011/4-hospitalized-after-carbon-monoxide-leak-at-west-side-apartment-building?GID=1J2vVsSUrLwpSZrHMcsk7+uSsMoV+9sLWlVplzyJJ9A%3D

After getting a call for help, firefighters came to the building on Shawano Avenue on Green Bay’s west side about 5 a.m. They smelled the odor of natural gas, and found a dangerous level of carbon monoxide in the apartment where the resident first called for help. A nearby apartment had lower levels of the dangerous gas.

Authorities evacuated the 10-unit apartment building, and residents where given shelter in a Green Bay Metro bus that was brought to the complex. The residents were allowed to return to their apartments at 7 a.m.

The four people who lived in the apartment that originally called to report the leak were all taken to St. Vincent Hospital.

Crews from Wisconsin Public Service Corp. came to the scene to take care of the gas leak.  

1 reply

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.