Minneapolis Condo Building Evacuated After Carbon Monoxide Leak

About 100 people were rousted from a large Minneapolis condominium building Monday night after a carbon monoxide scare. Better safe than sorry, despite the inconvenience, as far as this attorney is concerned.  

 http://www.startribune.com/local/104338633.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUg7Kk8P3iUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aU7DYaGEP7vDEh7P:DiUs#

Firefighters at 11:30 p.m. Monday night responded to Minnehaha Place, located at Minnehaha Avenue S. and 53rd Street, after a carbon monoxide detector went off in the building.

Roughly 100 residents of the condo were ordered to vacate the premises while authorities investigated. They found that a power washer in the building’s underground garage was emitting exhaust, as well as some carbon monoxide fumes.

A similar incident took place a year ago.

Although some carbon monoxide was released, it did not reach dangerous levels, according to authorities.

The condo residents were permitted to go back to their units at 2:50 a.m. after being advised to air out their places. 

     

 

 

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *