An elderly couple in Bloomfield, Ind., was killed by accidental carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the Greene County coroner.

James and Cora  Elizabeth Letsinger, both 90 years old, were discovered dead in their home on Tuesday.

The couple attended an event on Sunday night and when they came home, they were likely tired and forgot to turn their car off, according to coroner Brian Gainey, who knew the Letsingers. The door of their garage was closed, and the car was running. 

According to a press report, the coroner said that James Letsinger had poor hearing, and probably did not realize that he had left his car running. 

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *