Two men died of carbon monoxide poisoning this weekend in a mine in northeastern Arizona, in the town of  Show Low, according to published reports.

Rescuers spent all of Sunday trying to recover the bodies of a 77-year-old miner and his 25-year-old son-in-law. The two men had set off an explosive in the privately owned mine Saturday, to make it bigger. 

They came back to the mine Sunday, where there were dangerous levels of carbon monoxide from the explosives. Those fumes killed them.

Emergency crews found one of the bodies Sunday afternoon and the second one Sunday night.

Show Low is 180 miles northeast of Phoenix.


0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *