In the winter, there are always carbon monoxide fatalities when people use gas generators to warm their homes. In the summer, gas generators used to run air conditioning are often to blame for giving off deadly fumes that kill.

Over the Fourth of July weekend a married couple was found dead inside their 29-foot cabin cruiser in New Smyrna Beach, Fla.  Howard Lupton, 50, and his wife Sandra, 48, of Palatka, Fla., were discovered by their son on Sunday morning.   

http://www.news-journalonline.com/news/local/southeast-volusia/2010/07/05/fumes-suspected-in-boat-deaths.html

 According to authorities, the Luptons had a generator operating in the engine room of their boat, apparently to air condition their bedroom. It’s believed carbon monoxide from that generator killed them. 

It’s happened before. Joy Hill, a spokewoman for the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, told the Palatka Daily News that this incident is the fourth such carbon monoxide poisoning she’s dealt with in more than a dozen years with the commission.

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2010/07/06/news/news01.txt

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.