Two teenagers from Roswell, N.M., died inside the camper shell of a pickup truck in Scottsdale, Ariz., of carbon monoxide poisoning, according to The Arizona Republic.

The two victims, Jesse Andrus and Michael Hillman, both 18, had traveled to Carefree, Ariz., for a rodeo last weekend.

They were both found Monday in their truck. Scottsdale police believe that the youths had been running a generator in the rear of their vehicle to keep warm.

The teens’ parents in Roswell had expected them back home on Sunday, and they apparently contacted Scottsdale police Monday morning when the youths didn’t return.

Using a telephone GPS, police located the teens’ truck, which was parked in a shopping-center lot near Scottsdale Road and Pinnacle Peak Road. Authorities forced their way into the camper shell, and found Andrus and Hillman dead.



0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *