Pennyslvania Food Store Evacuated As A Half Dozen Fall Ill To Carbon Monoxide

A Giants Food Store in Forks Township, Pa., had to be evacuated Monday as at least a half dozen people got sick from carbon monoxide poisoning. http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/easton/index.ssf/2010/03/carbon_monoxide_poisoning_sick.html

The store was cleared at 9:30 p.m. when six to eight people in an area that was undergoing a renovation began feeling nauseous and getting headaches. One of those people collapsed.

Authorities blamed a propane tile cutter, which was in the construction area, with releasing the potentially fatal gas. The part of the store that was being renovated had been separated from the rest of the building with plastic tarp, and that was the area that had dangerous levels of carbon monoxide, authorities said.

Officials compared running a tile cutter inside like that as akin to leaving a car running in a garage.

In total 35 people were evacuated from the store, which is on Town Center Boulevard. They were all tested for carbon monoxide poisoning as a precaution.

As we keep saying, over and over, internal combustion engines cannot be run indoors. For more on carbon monoxide poisoning and prevention, go to https://carbonmonoxide-poisoning.com

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *