A Wal-Mart in Gladstone, Mo., had to be evacuated Saturday because of high carbon monoxide levels, which sent 10 employees and construction workers to local hospitals. http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_news/story/1730914.html

Police came to the scene at 6:30 a.m. after getting complaints that Wal-Mart employees were felt ill and had headaches.

The store was still shut at noon as authorities tried to find the source of the dangerous gas. Initially, police thought that the carbon monoxide had come from a tank used for welding. They then were checking a new heating and cooling system.

For more information on carbon monoxide risks and exposures, see https://carbonmonoxide-poisoning.com Any time a motor is run indoors, or adjacent to the intake for a building, there is a risk of carbon monoxide exposure. All dwellings and commercial buildings should have detectors.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.