Three Maryland Men Found Dead In Running Cars From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Most people realize that winter is the carbon monoxide season, with fault furnaces and space heaters the perceived culprit. Yet what most people don’t understand how dangerous it can be just to get stranded in the winter in a car.

Three men in Maryland died in their cars over the weekend of carbon monoxide poisoning and two families were hospitalized in separate incidents. http://www.gazette.net/stories/02112010/collnew123630_32549.php

Authorities in Prince George’s County found a 24-year-old man from Glen Burnie and a 29-year-old from Bladensburg dead in a parked vehicle in Bladensburg. They fell asleep in the running car, and it appears that they were overcome by carbon monoxide because their exhaust pipe had been blocked by snow.

In a similar incident, a 55-year-old man was found dead in his running car in Greenbelt.

And two families were stricken by carbon monoxide poisoning when they used gasoline-run generator to heat their homes after a power outage.

Six people, five adults and a child, were taken from their Landover Hills home for hyperbaric treatment.

And in Oxon Hill five children had to get hyperbaric treatment after inhaling dangerous carbon monoxide fumes. Four adults declined treatment.

For more information about the risks of carbon monoxide exposure, go to
https://carbonmonoxide-poisoning.com

1 reply

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *