Another day, seemingly the same headline. It’s carbon-monoxide poisoning season, with yet another hotel, this one in New Hampshire, having to be evacuated because of the deadly gas. Eleven people, including nine guests, became ill Monday because of high levels of the potentially fatal gas at a Hilton Hotel, according to the Associated Press.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iKAorwv0FwtdDpRsB4dTWQPyq8SQD9DT2C5O1

The Hilton Garden Inn in downtown Portsmouth, N.H., had to shut down Monday morning after a faulty exhaust vent in the basement boiler room leaked dangerous levels of carbon monoxide.

Nine hotel guests and two hotel employees were hospitalized, and one was released Monday.

Authorities determined that the carbon monoxide level in the Hilton was 600 parts per million, when 35 to 45 parts per million are considered safe.

On Sunday a Courtyard by Marriott in downtown Chattanooga, Tenn., was evacuated because of high levels of carbon monoxide. Four employees were hospitalized.

For more information on carbon monoxide poisoning, go to https://carbonmonoxide-poisoning.com

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.