Carbon Monoxide Prompts Student Evacuation, Shuts Two Restaurants in Philadelphia

More than 250 students were evacuated and two restaurants were temporarily closed when high levels of carbon monoxide set of alarms at a Center Center building in Philadelphia early Monday morning, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/83270412.html?cmpid=15585797

The 17-story building, located at the corner of Broad and Chestnut Streets, houses a Capital Grille and an Olive Garden. Officials shut those eateries down when they measured carbon monoxide levels of as high as 3,800 parts per million in one of them, the Inquirer reported.

The historic building, 1346 Chestnut St., is also the residence for 552 students at the Art Institute of Philadelphia. They were sent to nearby hotels at the institute’s expense.

At concentrations of more than 150 to 200 parts per million, carbon monoxide causes disorientation, unconsciousness and even death, the Inquirer said, citing information from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.

Authorities Monday hadn’t determine the source of the carbon monoxide.

For a better understanding the full consequences of carbon monoxide exposure go to https://carbonmonoxide-poisoning.com

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *