One of the greatest risks of carbon monoxide poisoning is staying at hotels and ski lodges. Sadly, most states do not mandate CO detectors in all hotel rooms. The solution? A portable carbon monoxide detector. Where to get one? Finding one is as easy as typing in “portable carbon monoxide detector” into Google, but for those who want to save the step, Click here.

But as most home detectors are something you can simply plug into a wall socket, there may be no need for a so called portable detector. Buy one more home detector and carry it with you and plug it in each time you stay. But if you are like me, you may wind up leaving it in a hotel room, once a month. The advantage of the portable units is that perhaps you can leave it in a conspicuous place so it is the first thing you pack.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.