As all eyes in the political spectrum turned to Ohio, and the plight of Youngstown is on every politician’s tongue, a man from nearby Vienna, Ohio quietly dies from carbon monoxide poisoning. In the wake of his death, paramedics put out a call for increased use of CO detectors.

The victim in this case was an aging man. The culprit an aging furnace. The combination, which happens so often with our elderly, is potentially lethal. The older the furnace, the more likely there could be a problem. The older the person, the more likely that where CO typically strikes first, the heart, will be adversely affected.

Check on your parents, check on your shut in friends. See to it that they have CO detectors, and make sure that they have had periodic maintenance on their furnaces.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.