Three Dead in Providence, Rhode Island

It seems every day, there is another story of a someone dying of carbon monoxide poisoning. Today the blame was a faulty boiler in Providence, Rhode Island. As too often is the case, carbon monoxide poisoning wasn’t the first concern – foul play was.
http://www.projo.com/news/content/Death_Folo_01-09-08_458HQ0N_v27.287d59c.html

But improperly installing a boiler, as was the official explanation here, can have as bad of results as foul play. This is the time of year that you need to run your furnaces long and hard. Insist on proper safety checks and install a carbon monoxide detector, and make sure it is working properly.

Faulty boilers are one of the chief culprits in this deadly time of year. http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2008/01/01/carbonmono/?rsssource=1

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.